Important note to self...stop being so passive when it comes to the kids. I'm not going to lie but the month of June was horrible. The adjustment at the beginning of summer was really tough for me. I couldn't wait to get to my parents house so they could take over for me. I'm not proud of it but it's the truth of the matter. My mom and dad have done most of all the discipline. I'm really upset for myself letting my parents do my job. Well, I'm going to be leaving tomorrow morning. I really need to recommit myself to do a better job. I need to work on my parenting skills. I really don't want to go home but I need to get real and face the problem head on. Self esteem issues are bubbling up again. Well, I gotta get back to packing it's going to be a long day.
Hang in there! We all hit bumps in the road of parenting. Deep breath, maybe a little yoga everyday, even if it's 5 minutes! Keep your chin up, all will be fine!
ReplyDelete