Friday, April 23, 2010

Race For The Cure

This is the picture from completing my very first 5k! One week before the race...My sister found out that she had breast cancer. It really scary but my sister is doing great. She's almost done with all of her treatments. I decided it would be great to run in honor of my sister. This race was so hard. I thought the three miles would never end. I would of never thought that from this race I would eventually run a half marathon. At this point...I wasn't my heaviest but I still needed to lose a ton of weight. Look at my double chin...yuck! I think it was a round the same time I was starting up with Chalean Extreme. I managed to complete my race in under 32 minutes. I was so proud of myself...in a couple of months I reach my goal of finishing a 5k in 27 minutes. It's amazing how much a person can change in such a short time period. I'm sorry that I wouldn't be able to run in the Race For The Cure this year due to schedule difficulty. So, if you're running this weekend...think about my awesome sister.



1 comment:

  1. Great job on the race.

    Wishing the best for your sister!

    ReplyDelete