Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Speed

My second ever 5k race...no confidence and I look fat.
I will being running this race again but this time in much better shape.
I was running this race with pure determination.
I was huff and puffing the whole way.
This time I'm going to beat my time from last year which was 29:49! I just look back and I came in 10th place for the woman division out of 44!
10 Lara Scheele Bella Vista 30 9:37 29:49.0

Changing my focus...I could care less about distance at the moment. I'm really trying to focus on my speed. I know that I can run a half marathon. I have done it two times now...I'm ready to conquer my 5k PR which is 27:26 from the last 4th of July 5k race on a hilly course.



I decided to attend Rush Running Speeding training at the local school's track. It was so much fun. It reminded me of track in High School. The first week...I was so sore. This week...I'm not sore at all. I was sick over the weekend and decided to take it easy. I'm so ready to push myself.

I want to run at an uncomfortable fast pace in order to get to comfortable with my new speed.


I jump on the treadmill this morning. I did a five minute warm up at speed 3...20 minutes at speed 6 which is a pace of 10:00, 5 minutes at speed 7 which is 8:30 pace, and finally 3 minutes at speed 8 which is at a pace of 7:00 minute mile. Wow...I managed to run 3 miles in 29 minutes. I was so dying at the end of the workout. I really wanted to end it early but I push myself to finish up at three miles.



I'm going to be running in another 5k this weekend.






3 comments:

  1. most of my 5Ks are right around 30 mins, plus or minus about 30 secs. But everyone has a different focus, I'm personally not too concerned wtih my 5K time...trying to improve on the half marathon myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to have to get some tips for speed. I'm not able to get to the rush running speed sessions on Monday nights, so you'll have to give me some ideas.

    Good luck with breaking your PR! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You just have to attend the sessions...the end of the session is the hardest thing ever. I love it.

    ReplyDelete