Saturday, August 15, 2009

Long Run...

I don't recommend staying up late watching a baseball game with a firework show at the end of the game. This was a first time taking the kids to a real minor league baseball game. The kids had a blast but the aftermath wasn't pretty.

I laid out all of the running shoes and clothes before going to bed. Good thing, I did because I was so tired. I think it took me close to 5 minutes just to tie my shoelaces. My running partner lives close to me so she picked up this morning. Just like clockwork. I was sitting outside waiting for her. Off we went to Bentonville trail to do a nice six mile run.

The weather was perfect. Nice and cool! No humidity at all. The sun was just barely starting to rise. Seriously, the most perfect time to run. Saturday is the only day of the week we are able to run in the morning. I really hate running in the evenings but Leroy's work schedule doesn't allow us to go in the morning during the week.

The start on the run was super slow like 11 minute miles. We were so tired!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My running partner was at the same baseball game. I really need to work on getting a better night of the sleep before running. It was hard. Really hard.

Slowly but surely we started to pick up on speed. Surprisingly, half way back on the trail we ended up catching our second wind. We started to pick up the speed. I was determined not to fall behind Tia. My back started to act up. I need to be more careful with my weightlifting. I was running fast just to get the whole run over.

We ended up making an impressive finish! A nice strong finish! The ending pace was close to 9:00 minute mile. Off, we were on the way home. I was surprised to make it home before 8:00am. I climbed back into bed and took a short nap.

Also, I managed to lose another pound without even trying.

note: 6 miles in 63 minutes!

No comments:

Post a Comment