Friday, May 7, 2010

Bentonville Gold Rush

Inspiration...where does it come from? It comes from over coming challegnes that come our way. My sister discovered that she had breast cancer almost exactly one year ago. She is almost done with all of her treatments. Hopefully, it will never come back. When we have to face horrible situations and we have to head them straight on and meet the challenge that is when character is built.

I decided to start running in honor of my sister. I did my first 5k run for the Susan G. Komen last year. I wasn't able to attend that race this year due to schedule issues. I was so happy when I found out that my sister would like to run in this race tonight with us. My sister isn't fit enough at this point to run 5k but she ran one mile with my youngest son Logan. They ended up running out of bid numbers which really bum my sister but they will mail her a t-shirt which they also manage to run out of as well. A bazillion people were at this race. CRAZY!!!!!!!

Logan ran the whole mile by himself. He literally sprinted the whole thing. My poor sister could barely keep up with him. My sister was very proud of herself. She had a big smile on her face. When she gets back home, she wants to start working out.

Landon and I ran in the 5k race together. Originally, Landon was suppose to run with Logan but he wanted to run the 5k. The 5k was sold out so I had him run with me. The race started out slow...a ton of people. Landon kept grabbing my arm trying to slow me down. I told him if he could keep up to just run by himself. Slowly, I managed to increase my speed. I started off super slow but I kick it into gear.

As I approach the finish line...I saw the clock. Wow...my time was better than expected. I thought for sure I would have a horrible time but I didn't. It's not my best time but it was a big improvement over my last 5k race.

I came in at 29: 16 and Landon came in at 29:40!

Also, I thought Landon was way behind me but he wasn't the little guy was right behind my heels. I'm so proud of all of my sons and my sisters.

Inspiring each other is the greatest gift we can give each other. Getting fit as a family is AWESOME.

If we could only get my husband on board. His all muscle and fit but he can't run for anthing.

My sister and her husband are driving home tonight back to Chicago. I'm going to bed!









2 comments:

  1. Congrats to you all! It was great to see you at the race. I'm so proud of you and your sister, too. And your son was SOOOO cute - he ran the whole thing so hard. What a great mom and sister you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, about all the typos. I really need to proof read. Catania-you were awesome at the race as well!

    ReplyDelete