I have never driven my hubby's truck before let me state this again "MY HUBBY'S TRUCK"...Leroy left his cell phone at home and I had to drop if off at another office location. I really didn't want to take his truck but I did it. Logan was so shock when I told him we were taking daddy's truck. Logan was like " you can drive dad's truck". Well, I guess it can't be too hard. This truck is massive. I'm talking about Ford F 350, crew cab, 4x4, and did I mention it's a diesil.
I just kept telling myself. I could do it and hopefully without ruining it. This truck is like driving a semi. We said a quick prayer and headed out to drop of Logan. Yes, I did let the truck for a few minutes before pulling out. Well, Logan was shouting out of the truck window that his mom was driving his daddy's truck. He was so proud of me. I could barely reach the pedals. This is a real man's truck. Well, I had to get on the interstate and head over to Leroy's office. Well, I pull up in the truck and he just about died. He couldn't believe it. You should of seen the look of shock on his face. He gave me some tips. I'm gald I didn't run around town in it becuase the truck started to buck. Time to switch over the gas tanks. Yes, I did it. We managed to swing by the church and dry pack most of my food storage order. I just wanted to thank three of my friends for coming by the church to help me. I didn't even ask for help...they just decided to stop off and help me. I love having great friends. Some of my closest friends at church are in the over 60 crowd. I just love them! So, I loaded up the truck and headed home. Oh no, another challenge. I had to back up the truck and drive it down the sidedrive way to the basement. Remember, I live on the Lake. A steep downhill with a sharp turn. I had to do this all by myself with my head turnback to make sure I didn't hit the house or go off the driveway. I was shaking in my boots. I just kept telling myself not to listen to my negative self talk but to talk in a postive voice. Well, I did it. I managed to safely get it to the back side of the house and get the food unloaded. I have pictures to prove it. I also learned how to dry pack my food which I have never done before. My other friend just called and she's coming over to help me seal all of my mylar bags. Yes, life is good.
Leroy was shock to see me driving his truck he had to take a picture of me behind the wheel!
So, you might be wondering what does driving a truck and execrise have to do with each other. A lot...I have notice that lifting weights and running has made me so much mental stronger. I would of never attempted to drive my hubby's truck becuase the thing scares me. I suck it up and did it. I overcame one of my fears. I push myself...just like I do when I work out! If your struggling with self-confidence than start working out. You will discover how strong you really are.
So, you might be wondering what does driving a truck and execrise have to do with each other. A lot...I have notice that lifting weights and running has made me so much mental stronger. I would of never attempted to drive my hubby's truck becuase the thing scares me. I suck it up and did it. I overcame one of my fears. I push myself...just like I do when I work out! If your struggling with self-confidence than start working out. You will discover how strong you really are.
No comments:
Post a Comment