Sunday, July 12, 2009

Another Run...

I finished yet another 5k run! This ended up being my third in a row 5k run. I wasn't planning on running this race due to the fact that I had already run in two other 5k the past two Saturdays. I ended up waking up early Saturday morning around 6:00am. I was wide awake and full of energy. I was really debating whether I should go on a long run or 5k race. I decided to do the 5k race. I'm really glad I did because I ended up breaking last weekends time by three seconds. I wasn't too happy with myself because I didn't push myself as hard as I should of. I decided to hold back until the final quarter mile. I ended up doing a full blown hard sprint thru the finish line. I was running so fast. I could barely slow myself down and I partically ran right into the guy helping with pulling the race number tags. It was kinda embrassing. I didn't place anything this time but that's okay because I bet my time. My current best time is 28:17!!! I don't have anymore races coming up until Aug.

I'm going to start training for my half marathon race this week with my running partner. The weather this week is expected to be in high 90's. So, we will see how the training goes this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment